Apricot Kernel Oil
Our Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) is cold pressed, from the core of the apricot pit, where the kernel reside, and then it is pressed and refined to yield apricot kernel oil. It is similar to sweet almond oil in that it has a mild nutty flavor and scent. It contains vitamin A and E, Linoleic and Oleic essential fatty acids, and unsaturated fats.
- Starwest manufactures and sources very high quality products from highly regarded and trusted sources globally with whom they have decades long relationships.
- Starwest has an In-house Quality Control Laboratory with experienced technicians who make sure all of their product analysis is complete and thorough.
**Sold in a 16 oz., dark amber bottle.
Vegetable oils are healthful and flavorful and provide many essential nutrients to the body, and they make a healthy and nourishing addition to body care products and a flavorful addition to culinary dishes and baked goods.
- The Refined Apricot Kernel Oil is a better choice for high heat applications like sautéing, frying, and all-purpose cooking.
- The Unrefined Apricot Kernel Oil can be used as a culinary flavoring and is excellent in salad dressings and desserts, but not recommended for high heat uses
- Well suited for skin care products because it is a mild, moisturizing oil, and is readily absorbed into the skin without leaving a residue behind.
- The very moisturizing, nourishing, and excellent emollient properties make it perfect for use as a carrier oil in aromatherapy mixtures, massage oils, shampoo and conditioners, and for soap making.
Apricot Kernel Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca), Refined.
To preserve and maintain the quality and integrity of their products, Starwest uses dark amber glass bottles with pressure sealed lids and a poly liner for airtight sealing. These bottles ensure that no light or air degradation will diminish the quality of the product..
Store in a cool, dry place, and avoid direct sunlight and heat. Preserving Oils: If stored improperly for long periods of time, the oils may become rancid. They have a minimum 2 year shelf life when stored properly. When making products with vegetable oils, you can also add 2% Vitamin E Oil to act as a natural preservative.