A Handbook of Chinese Healing Herbs
By Daniel Reed
Traditional Chinese medicine is perhaps the oldest system of health care in the world—and one of the safest and most effective. This first easy-to-use pocket guide provides everything readers need to know to explore Chinese herbal medicine for themselves. The book includes:
- A brief overview of the basic terms and concepts of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Simple instructions on how to prepare herbal formulas at home.
- An illustrated guide to 108 of the most widely used Chinese herbs, with descriptions, therapeutic effects, preparation methods, and dosages.
- A guide to dozens of readily available prepared herbal formulas for common ailments.
- An index of symptoms and ailments.
- Listings of mail-order houses for herbs, herbal formulas, and other supplies.
- Suggestions for further reading.
Ayurvedic Herbology East & West
Overview By Vishnu Dass Ayurvedic Herbology East & West is a comprehensive and practical guide to Ayurvedic herbal medicine that focuses on traditional Ayurvedic herbs and formulas that are readily...
Book of Herbal Wisdom
Overview By Matthew Wood In The Book of Herbal Wisdom Matthew Wood creates a vast and sweeping history of herbalism, drawing on Western botanical knowledge, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and...
Dr. Kidd's Guide to Herbal Cat Care
Overview By Randy Kidd, D.V.M., Ph. D. Natural and alternative methods of health care have become increasingly popular in recent years because they can benefit anyone, even pets! Dr. Randy...
Dr. Kidd's Guide to Herbal Dog Care
Overview By Randy Kidd, D.V.M. Ph.D. Natural and alternative methods of health care have become increasingly popular in recent years because they can benefit anyone, even pets!Dr. Randy Kidd, a...